As a subsidiary of the Morgan Sindall Group, BakerHicks is part of a globally successful company with around 6,000 employees. We concentrate on the planning and implementation of biotechnological, pharmaceutical and chemical projects in the areas of production, research and development. With our integrated range of services and strong customer focus, BakerHicks has achieved a leading market position in the DACH region and beyond.
Principal Engineer - Overhead Lines
- Overall OHL design with PLS-CADD in accordance with BS-EN 50341.
- Production and checking of detailed drawing for the OHL design.
- Production of wind load cases in accordance with BS-EN 50341 and BS 6399.
- Analysis of OHL structures with PLS-Tower.
- Production of foundation loads.
- Design and analysis of OHL Foundations.
- Assist in the tendering process.
- Preparation of design technical reports and other written documents.
- Production of design concepts, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
- The adherence to and control of documents and drawings in accordance with Baker Hicks management procedures.
- Design input/output within the designated risk management process.
- Experience in PLS-CADD, PLS-Tower is essential.
- Experience in either CAD packages such, AutoCAD, BoCAD, etc.
- Have a good understanding of British and European Standards and technical specifications from utility providers such as National Grid, SSE, Scottish Power, UKPN, WPD, etc
- Good computer and report writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Good attitude to obtaining new skills and capable at transferring existing skills to overcome new challenges
- Must be competent at creating and laying out quality drawings that construction and fabricators can understand
- salary/rates: on market level in given region
- possible start: asap
- remote work: high degree, occasional travels to UK for team meetings
Company Cell Phone
30 vacation days
Attractive employer-funded pension scheme
Financial support for Home Office workplace
Flexible Working Hours
Highest safety standard
Employee referral programm
Full access to LinkedIn Learning
Worldwide travel insurance
Possibility of unpaid leave
No compulsory office attendance
Overtime hours can be fully compensated
Travel time counts as working time
The next steps:
Please click on "Apply" and fill out the application form. This will enable us to process your application as quickly as possible. We would also be pleased to receive a short video self-introduction to gain a first impression of you.
BakerHicks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation , disability or ethnic background.
We are looking forward to your application!